Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Queen for a...

Mommy Wizdom is our hostess this week.
Hello, Hola, Bonjour, Guten Tag! Yes, it's true, Irish Coffeehouse passed the torch to me, I am the next host of Fun Mondays! I have thought long and hard...The topic for Fun Monday for 7/28 is:
If you were ruler for a day/week/month/year (your choice on the time) you would...ex...make coffee free to all citizens. Or you'd abolish the penny. You may also specify if you're ruler of the world or just your country. Have fun with it; be creative.If you like to dress up, you may also choose to take pictures of yourself in your "ruler" outfit(s) and post them up with your entry.

Hmm, this could be a tough one...

If I was the ruler of the country for a week, I would abolish the ability to sue because you lack common sense. The United States has become way too litigious these days, and it's a major cause of the erosion of our values. And so many times, people are suing simply because they didn't think before they acted.

I would increase mandatory paid maternity leave for all families. Mothers should not have to leave their babies at such young ages just to keep their jobs and incomes intact.

I would ban a lot of stupid televisions shows.

I know there are a lot of other things that I would do, but I really can't think of them right now. Things that help make the basics available for people who don't have them. Basics like healthcare and healthy food.

What would you do? Visit the other Fun Monday participants and see what we're all up to!

No comments: