Sunday, July 20, 2008

I am a rock star...in my mind part 1

As I told you yesterday, hubby and I went to see 3 Doors Down, Staind, Hinder and Jet Black Stare last night at our State Fair. What an awesome show.


I hate the way our fair does their ticket sales. You order what section you want, but it's a crap shoot what seats you'll end up in. And tickets can run a little high, you need to order online, and now there's convenience fees. It all annoys me to no end, but we always end up buying at least one set of tickets...simply because it's the only time we can see big name artists without a four hour round trip drive.


My hubby isn't a fan of loud music generally, but he was game for attending with me, even when I offered to find someone else to join me. He has trouble hearing when there's a lot of background noise, and these type of bands tend to turn the music up so loud that he can't really hear and understand what the lead singers are saying. This is important to note for later.


Jet Black Stare opened the concert at 6:00. I'd never heard of this group before, and they were loud rockers. I don't think I'll be running out to buy their CD, but if I heard it on the radio I wouldn't change it. Next up was Hinder. Again, not a band that I particularly love, but not bad, and they did a pretty good show. Hubby had seen them in Georgia at a bar last spring and used that as his rationale that he would enjoy the show with me. About halfway through, he leaned over and told me that partaking of alocoholic beverages must have made the concert more enjoyable. He then complained that the instruments were so loud, he couldn't understand the singer. I chuckled and pointed out that was kind of the point.

More to come tomorrow night!

No comments: