Thursday, June 19, 2008

My beautiful set of wings.

Every night before I go to bed, I check on my babies. They have their iPods connected to little cat speakers to fall asleep with music. Last night, when I went to check on Monster, Tim McGraw's Last Dollar was playing. And listening to the chorus while watching him sleep, I was struck by the meaning of those words.

"123, like a bird I sing, cause you've given me the most beautiful set of wings.
I'm so glad you're here today, cause tomorrow I might have to fly away."

Enjoy today, and the gifts that our loved ones give us. My children and husband have brought so many good things to my life. They've made me a more confident person, given me a better appreciation of the many blessings I have. Monster has taught me to use my imagination, and PB has helped me find my patience. They've all taught me to be silly, and enjoy every day, because tomorrow, I might have to fly away.

I hope you all have a chance to sing on this Love Thursday.

No comments: