Monday, October 27, 2008

A haunting good time

Tonight, we carved our pumpkins.  Well, PB and Monster carved their pumpkins (with a little help from mom, of course.)  Usually, I manage to get a few pictures of the process, but being the only pair of adult hands makes that a little difficult.  I did get pictures of the after.  I'm pretty proud of both of them.

Monster and I drew his jack'o'lantern face on a piece of paper before drawing it on the pumpkin.  There was a little confusion with the mouth.  Apparently we weren't speaking the same language there, but a visual helped us work through that.  We have those special tools, so we pulled them out and he was able to do a lot of it himself, with just a little bit of help from mom.  When he was complete, he named him "Jack", and his nickname (or second name as Monster refers to it) is Little Jackie.  Monster loves him.

PB picked a stencil of a ghost. With a little direction and very little help from me, she was able to handle this on her own.  Watching her reminded me how big she is getting.  And I was able to catch a glimpse of her father in her...that tongue as working hard during the carving process.

When we returned home from soccer practice, we placed the electric tea lights in and oohed and ahhed.

Jack aka Little Jackie by Monster
The Ghost by Princess Bear
Mama's pumpkin.  Not carved.  So pretty, huh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the uncarved, minimalist approach. Very arty!