Thursday, April 10, 2008

Color Me Happy

I posted about the tote bag swap I participated in here. Happily, my swap partner finally received her bag that I created for her. I was a little nervous...I couldn't find the perfect material, but was finally able to find some that made me happy. I learned a few things about making bags, and as usual, the parts I thought would be tricky weren't and the parts I thought would be easy weren't. But all in all, I'm happy with the results. The stripey material is carried over in a band inside, and with the large zippered pouch pocket inside. There's also a "patch" pocket for easy access to a few goodies. I chose not to put any type of actual closure, thinking that she could access the things inside with one hand on the baby a little easier if she didn't have to unhook it, and the messenger flap seemed to stay pretty secure.

All in all, I'm quite happy with the results. I was nervous about trying a bag, as it was only my second time. I'm glad she likes it.

Picture by HeyMrsWilson

You can see better shots here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY! It's a GREAT bag!!