Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Bugs? ARGH!

As I mentioned over there on my cast of characters, PB is terrified of Bugs. I'm not sure that terrified is even a strong enough word. I'm talking about a child that would dart into oncoming traffic to not be even near a bug. Over the years, we've worked past flies, ants and ladybugs...or so I thought. Apparently Horse flies do not count in the fly category...they are their own category. This is a serious problem...she goes from normal to insane in less than 10 seconds. It's scary. And DDS and I are at our wits end about what to do about it. When she was a young toddler, she was terrified of regular flies, and somehow she got over that. Then it was ants, and she got over that. But the other day, it was a bug smaller than an ant, on the outside of the closed window. So tomorrow, DDS and I go talk to a counselor. I'm not against her being afraid, I just need to know that she isn't going to cause harm to herself in her fear. Anyone have any suggestions out there?

No comments: