Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Thank God I'm A Simple Girl

Another trip to DC today. Thankfully, it's the last one. And it was the killer. We had to be there at 7:30. That meant leaving our house at 5 am, and we were still 10 minutes late (stupid Beltway traffic).

I was born in Baltimore, and then we moved to Indiana when I was 9. After 13 years of living in smallish towns or the country, I was ready to move back to the East and try some city living again. After one year, I knew it wasn't for me. I moved to the smaller town and met my husband and here I am still. While I know that I can live in the large city and handle the driving and all, I'm so glad I don't have to live that way. That type of stress and time suck is not healthy for me. I'm not saying that it isn't right for other people, but not for me.

No comments: