Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

I'm exhausted, but pleased with the day. We purchased new digital cameras for both of our mom's as well as those cute little digital picture keychains. Both moms were very surprised and pleased, and it was nice to actually be able to afford something nice for them. They both do so much for our family, and it was a great feeling to be able to show them our appreciation. We had a late lunch, and then they hung out and played Mexican Train Dominoes for a while, then desert. I was exhausted, but it was a good day.

The girls both had to play handbells in church this morning, so it was a very early morning. Sitting in the service with my Monster cuddling on my lap, sniffing his sweet little boy smell, I was so overcome with the feeling of blessing. I am so blessed to be a mom to these children. I truly thank God for allowing me the privelege of mothering them. And he's getting so big, there was a little nostalgia for my baby boy's babyhood. It was a very sweet moment for me.

And then he stuck his fingers in my nose.

Gotta love being the Mama.

1 comment:

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

"And then he stuck his fingers in my nose."

Dude. ALL my stories end like that.