Friday, May 02, 2008

Jumping out of my skin

I've been burning the candle at both ends a bit this week, and this morning the candle broke. I could barely pull myself out of bed this morning, and was even 20 minutes late doing so. I somehow managed to take the kidlins to school without killing any of them, but let me tell you, it was difficult. Bug has a tendency to get in these "I'm a teenager, so I'm better than all of you" moods, and and then every comment out of her mouth is sarcastic or cutting, and it drives me batty. Monster has hit the non-stop talking age. In the car every morning we are treated to a long game of 20 gazillion questions. But the rules of this game are different...there's no subject, whatever he feels like asking is okay. And sometimes, his questions are like this one...."Mama, you know that thing? Where did it get that thingy from?" Yes, really, he asked that out of the blue one evening. When I asked him to clarify what thing, he said, "you know, the one with the thingy?" Very clear now. Anyway, I digress. Yesterday was no exception on that chattering, and I seriously felt like I could jump out of my skin. I was so over-stimulated and exhausted that I wanted to just throw myself down on the ground and cry. I decided (amazing how rational you can be when your feeling crazy) that I wasn't fit for public consumption, so I went home, took meds for my headache, and slept for 2 more hours. Amazing what that did for my disposition. I was feeling soooo much better.

I will never take drugs. If that's what withdrawal is like, I don't want to feel it.

No comments: