Saturday, April 25, 2009

It's spring, and I need a handyman

How do the days go by so fast but so slow at the same time.  I have so many things to write about, but by the time I've done the necessary chores, I'm so tired I just want to sleep.  And the words are backing up and I feel like if I don't get them out, I'm going to explode.  But then I sit down to write and I can't decide where to start, what to write about. 

I always feel a little spoiled when I talk about having a cleaning lady, especially in this economy.  But I seriously don't know how I would manage without her.  She comes every other week and scrubs my house.  This gives me the time I need to handle the other chores like laundry, dishes and such.  And coming home to that clean house is such a great feeling.  I will give up a lot to be able to afford her, but the truth is my husband's job is economy proof right now, and the extra money they get is there to help us adjust without them home. 

But I really need to find someone to help with the manly chores.  We have a distinct shortage of men in our family, and the few we do have aren't the handiest.  Today I fought with the lawnmower and weedeater, until I just decided I wasn't meant to mow.  Luckily my SIL mowed the front yard yesterday, and the neighbor has offered to mow for me when he mows his yard, so that will be one less thing for me to worry about.  I really don't mind mowing, but finding the time is hard.  And weedeating sucks.  This need is hitting home this weekend in my mind, and I dreamed this morning that someone hired a man for me while my husband is deployed.  I was so excited to have the "honey do" list getting whittled down, it was ridiculous.  (this is even funnier, since I rarely remember dreaming.  I've actually been told by a doctor that I probably don't dream, as I fall into deep sleep quickly most nights.  Sleep truly is my drug of choice...lol)

I'm hoping to get a few more things accomplished this weekend, and I'm hoping to find the time and desire to write.  I have lots of adventures to share.  In the meantime, I hear the laundry calling my name, and the dishwasher is joining in at the chorus.  Unfortunately for them, my bed's music is much more alluring, and harder to deny.

No comments: