Monday, April 20, 2009

Feels like starting over...but not.

So this is the first day of the last six months.  And it seems a lot like the days a month or so ago.  But now the 6 months looms ahead. 

I started running through the activities of the week in my mind the other night, and before I knew it, I was at the start of next school year.  We have several busy months coming up, and the time will pass quickly, I know.

But today was rainy, and chilly, and Monday, and the day after I dropped him off at the airport.  Not a good day.

So dinner was potato soup and salad...it was easy and we had the ingredients on hand.

And now I wish the dishes would load themselves.  I need to get off my butt and do it myself so I can go to bed.

Thank goodness someone else cooks for us tomorrow night.

And with that, I will load my dishes, and trudge up to my bed alone.  That's one of the suckiest parts.

2 comments:

Sarah @ BecomingSarah.com said...

When my BIL was deployed, I told my husband that my SIL was the bravest person I know. I have alot of respect for those left behind during deployment. I hope these next six months pass quickly for you and for your family.

BeachMama said...

I too hope that the next six months pass quickly for you. We haven't confirmed our vacation yet, but we should be your way at the beginning of August. Perhaps this year we can meet up?