Sunday, September 14, 2008

A lovely weekend

So hubby and I got to go away for a marriage enrichment weekend with the Guard.  I think it's safe to say we both had a very good time.  We ended up sitting with 4 other couples and that became our "group" for the weekend.  If you had asked me who I would end up spending time with before that night, those people probably wouldn't have been high on my list.  Not because of them, just because there are other people that I've known longer and thought I would be more comfortable spending our time with.  Friday night we arrived and headed down to the bar area to meet.  The group we ended up sitting with in the class was the group there.  During the short session Friday night, we laughed and had a good time.  We were dubbed the fun table by one of the leaders.  Class ended around 9:00, and we all retired to our rooms and were asleep in very short order.  It had been a long week.  Saturday morning we had breakfast and sessions until lunch.  We were, again, the fun table.  The agenda was pretty much thrown out the window, and some spouses were dragged out of denial of this deployment.  At one point, my hubby and another guy were playing "football" with a wad of paper.  One of the speakers snapped their fingers, and they both jumped and slapped their hands down on the table.  They looked like little boys caught misbehaving at school.

After class, we all headed to lunch together, and we all enjoyed ourselves.  Conversation flowed and there was a lot of laughter.  We headed back and most of us took naps.  That evening, we ended up going to dinner together, and again we all had a good time. 

I'm glad that I had time with my hubby without the stress and pressure of work.  I'm also thankful that I had the opportunity to create relationships with some of the spouses I may not have previously done so with. 

And that fact that it was entirely free for us?  Even more awesome.

No comments: