Saturday, January 05, 2008

Surprise!

Tonight, my husband, his sister and I threw a surprise birthday party for my MIL. And guess what...we managed to get her in with it remaining a surprise! We had more than enough food, everyone had a good time, and more people showed up then we expected...pretty good for starting the real planning 2 days ago! In less than a week, she leaves for her first cruise...what a great start to the new year, and her new life. I'm glad she's feeling the love.

This party was the perfect gathering of friends and family. There were at least two kids there at every age level, and they all ran around like banshees, singing bad karaoke and playing with balloons, screeching as only little kids can. They were hot and flushed and exhausted by the end of the evening. And all the parents and grandparents sat around, talking and catching up, meeting new people. Best of all, no one complained about those kids and their noise level. It was loud, hot, and fun. I remember a lot of those kinds of events as a child, and sadly, they don't happen as much any more. Maybe we need to find a way to start having them more than every 10 or so years.

I'm exhausted, it's late, and I have to throw together a Sunday School lesson on the fly tomorrow...yay me! So I'll sign off...night and happy Saturday to you all1

No comments: