Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Middle school, here we come (again)


My baby girl is "graduating" from 5th grade today. It really does just seem like a year or so ago that she started Kindergarten, looking a lot like this...
The beginning of this year, she looked like this...
and now? She looks like this...
I can't believe how much she has grown this year. Physically, she's grown almost a foot. She's slimming down and getting curves and I want to scream and cry at her to stop. But she has developed a great sense of self awareness. She has started to recognize and accept her flaws and quirks, even joining in the laughter when we "pick on her."
Unfortunately, that hasn't stopped the temper tantrums and whining. I swear we have tried everything...I HATE the whining.
But I love her. And I'm proud of her. She has worked hard, and I'm looking forward to the middle school experience with her.


No comments: