Sunday, May 03, 2009

Feeling Wicked

While my husband was home on leave, he took me to New York for the first time.  And I was reminded why I don't live in a big city.  But the main goal of the day was to see the musical "Wicked" on Broadway.

OMG. Amazing doesn't even begin to describe the experience.  I read a part of the book prior to going to the musical, and the musical takes a lot of "dramatic license", but both versions definitely ring true.  The two leads that performed in this musical that day were phenomenal, and our seats were amazing.  We were in the 6th row near the middle of the stage.  I felt like a little kid, sitting there watching the story unfold.  I didn't notice the people sitting near me, I wasn't wondering if someone had texted me, I was engrossed in the show the entire time.

If you have a chance to see this musical, go.  It's well worth whatever the cost.

No comments: