Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Holiday Meltdown

So, are you recovering for the gluttony that was Christmas? Because I'm so over the whole Holiday thing. I don't even care about New Year's Eve this year. We're going to a party, but it's not anything that I think will be too memorable, so I could really care less right now. Really, I'm tired of the whole family thing...tired of trying to make everyone happy and being fair...tired of it all. I'm blessed that our family is all located close by, and I know that and appreciate it. I'm just feeling a little burnt out right now.

So now the new year will begin. Of course, I'm back on the weight loss wagon. I've been saying this for years, and I do okay, then maintain right where I've always been. I'm hoping that this time is better. My husband will be gone from the middle of Feb until June, and I'm usually much more disciplined with him gone. So hopefully he'll come back to a thinner wife. And he's going to have to do forced PT a lot, so he'll bring me back a thinned down husband. Woohoo bathing suit season!

I also resolve to continue my pursuit of mindful parenting. I've been doing very well with this, and want to continue. I want to get more scrapbooking done, spend more time with my hobbies and less with the computer and work related stuff.

Do you make resolutions? What are they? How good are you at keeping them?

4 comments:

Ms. Skywalker said...

Ah, the joys of the holiday season. I headed to my hometown with every intention of staying for five days. I drove home Christmas day. Turns out being lonely from actually living & spending most of my "free" time by myself is one type of lonliness--feeling utterly alone while surrounded by people, a different level of pain that I apparently was entirely unequiped to deal with.
My new year resolution is also focused on family--to be the best mom I possibly can, and to not let the laundry pile directly correlate to my self worth.
Have a happy new year!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mamalang!

You know, I think I was over the whole holiday thing before it even started. LOL! The past several years I just haven't been into it, just haven't felt the excitement that Christmas used to elicit. Maybe it's the stress of being a Mom, dividing my time between Hanukkah at our house and Christmas with my family, dividing that time between my Mom & my Dad so that no one feels slighted, and the simple fact that the retail stores start pushing Christmas down our throats before summer is even over now.

I don't even know that I'm up for a New Year's resolution. I mean, am I really going to stick to it? Every year I think about losing weight, getting in shape, writing more, keeping my house clean, trying to be more patient, etc, etc, etc. (Not necessarily all at once!) And every year, whatever I choose to focus on that year, I start out gung-ho and jump off the starting block of January 1. And by mid-March or mid-April, I'm losing my stride and faltering in my efforts. By the time summer comes, I've given up completely. Then I feel like a giant loser because I can't manage to do one stinking thing for myself!

So, this year I think I'll resolute not to have any resolutions and just live my life and be the best I can be each day.

Becky :o)

Girl con Queso said...

I'm so working out a lot in the new year. Right now, I'm drinking red wine, eating chocolate, blogging and watching Sex and the City. But in four days, I'm working my arse off. Seriously.

Melanie D. said...

Top ten resolutions are on my blog. And I certainly can appreciate mindful parenting. Scrapbooking - yes! My sister-in-law and I have resolved to doing in once a month outside of our homes so we can actually get some done.

Ugh. We'll see if any of it happens! Good luck!