Friday, December 21, 2012

on tragedy

I've purposely not thought too much about Friday's tragedy.  It's so simple for people to make this another battle in the war that this country is fighting.  I'm not talking about the war in Iraq or Afghanistan.  I'm talking about the war we are waging against our neighbors.  The arguing and the fighting about which side is right and which side is wrong.  The angry things we say and post about people, and the gross generalizations.  And it's easy for us to sit at our computers and post that things need to change, or to share those sweet little affirmations, pictures, etc on Facebook saying we won't forget.

And we won't forget.  But it will fade.  And we'll go back to our daily lives, taking those we love for granted as we scream about our beliefs.

So I will do what I can.  I will try to show grace an compassion to others.  I will try to stop myself when I begin to silently judge someone else.  I will attempt to live a life that is worthy of all that I have.

No comments: