Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Copyright 2006 by mamalang
If you aren't reading this at
it is stolen!

A favorite author of mine (Catherine Newman, she has a blog here too and wonderful articles on Wondertime.com...go read her) wrote a long time ago (or so it seems) that she was more of the glass half full but precariously placed and about to spill type person. That spoke volumes to me. I realized that not only did it describe me to a T, but that my youngest daughter was turning into that type of person as well. And while there is nothing wrong with per se, I wanted her to be more open to life, not afraid to try new things because she was bogged down with the what if's. So I've tried, since then, to keep those disaster looming thoughts to myself, and to gleefully encourage all three to try new things (within reason of course).

1 comment:

Ms. Skywalker said...

Good luck with that! Big A has been serious from the day she was born, despite all my efforts to make her carefree. Little A on the other hand, complete opposite...